fbpx

Blitz Fab

Materials we use

for our silver products

Our jewelry is made with real sterling silver 925, which is coated with a layer of protecting lacquer to keep it clean longer. A lot of other jewelry manufacturers tend to use rhodium plating as a protective layer, but rhodium like any other jewelry plating method will tend wear off and you’ll end up having to re-plate your jewelry to make it look good again. 

We use an alloy of copper and pure silver

925 sterling silver consists of 92.5% of pure silver and the rest 7.5% are other metals added. 100% pure silver is a soft and malleable metal that needs to be combined with other metals to harden it and be able to make jewelry out of it. Our silver products are made with pure silver and copper. Some silversmiths use alloys of zinc and nickel instead to add durability but these elements tend to cause allergic reactions to people with sensitive skin. 

care tips

to keep your silver clean
  • Store the jewelry in a cool, dry place
  • Avoid contact with water containing chlorine or salt water
  • Avoid contact with perfume or wipe it off after use
  • Clean it with a soft cloth

Over time, real silver tends to turn yellowish or, in extreme cases, even black. Smooth surfaces made of silver can be polished again with a polishing cloth without any problem. You can find these cloths at your regular drug store and they’re very affordable.

There are also silver cleaning agents which can be used for other surfaces with non-flat or hard-to-reach areas. Just be careful not to use these cleaning products directly on stones because it could damage them.

If you clean, polish and take care of your silver jewelry you can always get it to look white, shiny and brand new again.

How to store your silver jewelry

to keep your silver clean
  • Store the jewelry in a cool, dry place
  • Avoid contact with water containing chlorine or salt water
  • Avoid contact with perfume or wipe it off after use
  • Clean it with a soft cloth

Over time, real silver tends to turn yellowish or, in extreme cases, even black. Smooth surfaces made of silver can be polished again with a polishing cloth without any problem. You can find these cloths at your regular drug store and they’re very affordable.

There are also silver cleaning agents which can be used for other surfaces with non-flat or hard-to-reach areas. Just be careful not to use these cleaning products directly on stones because it could damage them.

If you clean, polish and take care of your silver jewelry you can always get it to look white, shiny and brand new again.

Shopping Cart
0
Your Cart is empty!

It looks like you haven't added any items to your cart yet.

Browse Products
Powered Voltage Emoji by Caddy